Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Debatable?



I found this quote on Pinterest and had think about this one a little bit.  Now growing up my mother told me to always leave the house looking presentable; however, now as a college student-athlete somethings have shifted.  Sweatpants have become an everyday necessity for myself and probably for most other athletes, or at least I know my teammates would agree.  We wear them because we have lift in the morning then straight from lift to class, and then if someone has class until it's time for practice they'll wear their practice uniform under their sweats.  So I guess what I'm trying to say is that while yes I do believe looking nice is a good thing, it is not everything and sometimes there are other things that take priority over getting ready.  What are your opinions on this quote?

3 comments:

  1. My opinions on this quote... man I love my sweats. Can't imagine life without them! I think it must be an athlete thing, but when any of our teammates would come strolling in the locker room wearing jeans (*gasp*) they would instantly be yelled at "WHATS THE OCCASION?!!?" "WHY ARE YOU DRESSED LIKE THAT?!" and the most important question, "WHERE ARE YOUR SWEATPANTS?!". I am a firm believer that comfort is key, and every once in a while it is nice to dress up and look nice. For the most part I usually choose comfort over presentation though :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think workout gear is perfectly acceptable if you are on your way to or from a workout. However, I know many people in the Mommy set just wear their yoga pants all day with no sign of a workout in sight. I'm all for comfort, but there is something to be said about pulling your look together, and the little boost of confidence that comes from that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SWEATS=LIFE. I do not know what I'm going to do out in the real world where I have to wear "real people clothes". Exactly what Lauren said, it better be a special occasion for anyone to see me in anything else. A lot of times, people in my classes don't recognize me when I wear jeans or anything other than sweats. Not quite sure if that's a compliment or not...?

    ReplyDelete