Wednesday, February 19, 2014

'Merica!



With the Sochi Olympics going strong I thought why not look at the USA opening ceremony outfit.  There were some critics who thought of this ensemble as audacious; however, I personally LOVE them!  I think it is a great way to display pride for our country.  While the cardigans are busy, Ralph Lauren kept it classy and tasteful by keeping the pants and undershirt simple.  If you think about it this could have gone terribly wrong if it was kept so simple with every other piece of clothing besides the cardigan.  This captures the American spirit all the way down the designer behind the piece. Ralph Lauren, is a classic prominent American designer who has a clean and classic style.  

Overall, I thought this was a fun yet still classy way to represent the United States in the opening ceremonies, while showing lots of pride for our country. 

1 comment:

  1. When we were watching the opening ceremonies, there was A LOT of commentary on how ugly they were. While I didn't see them as something I would personally wear, I thought they were totally cool for the occasion, and very Ralph Lauren.

    ReplyDelete