Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Disney World! 



Over the weekend my team and I traveled down to Orlando for a softball tournament at ESPN's Wide World of Sports.  This place is massive with over 20 softball/baseball fields, a minor league stadium, soccer fields and even indoor arenas for other sports like cheer or volleyball. Not only were the facilities awesome but the weather was too! Coming from Peoria where it is 30's on a good day with snow and ice still on the ground, to Orlando where the low was 60's and the high was about 80, it felt like heaven. 

We played all day Friday, and Saturday but only one game on Sunday early and we didn't leave until Monday morning so we had half a day to ourselves.  Naturally we wanted to do what most people want to do when they go to Orlando, and that was Disney World.  With the generosity of a few very kind parents, we were able to spend 7 wonderful hours in the Magic Kingdom.

Growing up in Southern California I had always gone to Disneyland and loved it, but had never been to the Magic Kingdom.  I loved everything about it going to to their recently redone Fantasyland to Tomorrowland, everywhere! Above is a picture of my teammates and I when we first got there in front of the castle, and we were all so excited.  Personally my favorite ride was Space Mountain, as it is at Disneyland as well.  Although I did notice a few differences in some of the other rides, I still thought they were so much fun. 

There were so many great things that I experienced at Disney World from taking the ferry boat into the park to eating a giant turkey leg and even just walking around the park with some of my teammates. This was a trip that I will truly never forget and am so thankful to have been able to go.  

P.s. I highly suggest the ice cream cookie sandwich from the sleepy hollow, it was HEAVEN 

No comments:

Post a Comment